Tuesday, June 30, 2015



I like to know and figure things out.  This verse is a reminder that on this side of heaven we are never going to fully know. Someday I will recognize the blessing of that.   But now it's a hard place to be with my 'figure it out' brain.

 I'm in a situation that only God knows and only He has the answer. Aren't all situations really that way?  Oh the illusion of control and independence.


Even though I don't like the dark glass I'm looking through I'm flooded with hope when I read that 'I am known'.  The creator God of the whole universe knows me better than I know me.  He knows the number of my days, the hairs on my head, my dreams, my disappointments. my pain, my thoughts that never make it to words.  I Am Known.


I so look forward to the 'but thens' in this verse.  .... but then I will see Him face to face .... but then I shall know even as I am known.  What joy! What an indescribable expectation! But now, I'm left looking through the dark glass.


I've been reminded by wise counselors that the dark glass now is not a curse but an opportunity It's the opportunity that I have on this side of heaven to love God in a way that I'll never be able to love Him again.  Our love, adoration, worship, praise and thankfulness through the dark glass is something that even the angels can not give to God.


Lord, help me to rest in You as I look through the dark glass.  Thank you for the opportunity to love you in a greater way.


No comments:

Post a Comment