Wednesday, July 15, 2015



At the end of last school year I brought home two small flowers that were left over from a banquet.  I unloaded the car and threw the flowers on a table in the garage.  Several days later, the single blooms were wilted from neglect. My hope for their revival was small and I thought of throwing them in the trash.  However, that small bit of hope caused me to find a pot and soil to give them a chance at life. The two scrawny blooms were dwarfed by the container I put them in. I didn't have much faith that much would ever come from such small beginnings.  

'O Ye of Little Faith'.

 As I left the house the other day, I paused in awe at the change that had occurred. It's now over a month later and two wilted plants have turned into a plethora of blooms.  Abundance from what looked like little.  I love to see God's lessons in the natural.  Jesus taught us about the small mustard seed.  It's barely visible on a fingertip yet grows into a  15 foot tree.  Such hope and potential in what first appeared lifeless and insignificant.

God over and over takes the little and creates His miracles.  He wants us to see the potential in the little.  He takes great delight in showing us His greatness. When we feel like a wilted plant or that small mustard seed, God knows the plethora of  blooms that is possible if we Trust and take Him at His Word.  He is Hope, He is the Miracle Worker, He is Abundance, His Is God.  We just Trust, Dwell and Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment